Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Any Modifyed XK8's out there???

Spencer
04-03-2000, 07:49 PM
I just found this board and it looks great. I have a 97 Xk8, one of the first few made, and I was thinking of putting a new rear end ratio on it. The dealer is looking into some racing program in england for me, that might have a unit that fits. I also have a 99 XJR and I was wondering if anyone has raised the boost on their xjr or xkr???<p>Spencer<br>97 Xk8 topaz<br>99 XJR Silver

Darrell
04-03-2000, 08:44 PM
Spencer,<p>I think both Aston Martin and Jaguar have an in-house works department for such upgrades. If you are looking to have your car upgraded in England, it might be a good idea to go to the actual car manufacturer (Coventry) first before looking at upgrade programs from non-Jaguar companies. I hope this helps.<p>Darrell<p><br><i>: I just found this board and it looks great. I have a 97 Xk8, one of the first few made, and I was thinking of putting a new rear end ratio on it. The dealer is looking into some racing program in england for me, that might have a unit that fits. I also have a 99 XJR and I was wondering if anyone has raised the boost on their xjr or xkr???<p>: Spencer<br>: 97 Xk8 topaz<br>: 99 XJR Silver<p></i>

Darrell
04-03-2000, 08:47 PM
One quick question: although the XK8 could conceivably benefit from more power, why not sell your XK8 and order an XKR? 370 hp is more than enough for most drivers and I doubt one could improve the Eaton blower on the XKR.<p><br><i>: I just found this board and it looks great. I have a 97 Xk8, one of the first few made, and I was thinking of putting a new rear end ratio on it. The dealer is looking into some racing program in england for me, that might have a unit that fits. I also have a 99 XJR and I was wondering if anyone has raised the boost on their xjr or xkr???<p>: Spencer<br>: 97 Xk8 topaz<br>: 99 XJR Silver<p></i>

Alan
04-04-2000, 02:40 PM
<i>: I just found this board and it looks great. I have a 97 Xk8, one of the first few made, and I was thinking of putting a new rear end ratio on it. The dealer is looking into some racing program in england for me, that might have a unit that fits. I also have a 99 XJR and I was wondering if anyone has raised the boost on their xjr or xkr???</i><p>You may be interested in some performance items available from <a href="http://www.arden.de/">Arden</a>. The only dealer I know of for their products that ships to the U.S. is <a href="http://www.mgracing.an/">MG Racing</a>, a reputable company that has been supplying the people on bimmer.org with quite a lot of accessories.<p><br>--Alan

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index