Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

MikeW2
11-05-2000, 10:01 PM
Who manufactures the CD stacker in the XK-8? (Mine's a '98) Has anyone used an aftermarked magazine in their CD player?

Alan
11-06-2000, 05:20 PM
<i>Who manufactures the CD stacker in the XK-8? (Mine's a '98) Has anyone used an aftermarked magazine in their CD player?</i><p>I have a '99 XK8, and the changer appears to be identical to the Alpine changer that I used to have in an M roadster. You should be able to pick up a 2-pack of 6-disc Alpine cartridges at Circuit City or somewhere similar for around $20. Make sure to take in your cartridge so you can verify they are the same.<p><br>--Alan

MikeW2
11-06-2000, 09:01 PM

MikeW2
11-11-2000, 07:56 PM
I like to have several CD magazine loaded so I can easily switch the type of music I listen to in the Jag. A local Jag dealer wanted $68 each for extra CD Magazines. As Alan suggested, I checked for an Alpine equavelent. I found that the Alpine model KAE-116C CD shuttle is an exact replacement and cost $18 at a local car audio shop. (The local Good Guys didn't have any.) Bought two - saved $100. Thanks again Alan.<br> Mike

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index