Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Top Squeaking

Darrell
11-18-2000, 07:36 PM
Hello all,<p>Of late I have been having a problem with my top squeaking at the first "joint" (first support) on the driver's side. I don't drive the car in the rain, so no water would be affecting the joint. Any ideas on what the problem might be? Have any of you had a similar problem? If there isn't an easy fix, I'll have to go to the dealer (ie I won't have the car for days). Thanks.<p>Darrell

Framcis
08-27-2001, 11:57 AM
hello Darrell,<br>I don't own a xk8, but a friend of mine does and had a simalar problem (I drive a bmw 528 spp). We found that his top squeaked if we put it up with the windows already all the way up. Now he makes sure all of his windows are fully down before putting the top up. Hope this helps.<p>Francis<br>

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index