Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Extending XK8 Audio System

Konrad
08-03-2001, 11:16 AM
Unfortunately my XK8/99 has not the Harman Kardon hi end audio. I want to extend it and therefor I would need some information:<br>Can I use the original fitted head unit?<br>How do I use the pre amp outputs from the head unit?<br>There is a second - unused - connector on the backside of my head unit - who can tell me the pin wiring?<p>Konrad<br>

Tim Mattson
09-26-2001, 03:18 PM
<i><br>Unfortunately my XK8/99 has not the Harman Kardon hi end audio. I want to extend it and therefor I would need some information:<br>Can I use the original fitted head unit?<br>How do I use the pre amp outputs from the head unit?<br>There is a second - unused - connector on the backside of my head unit - who can tell me the pin wiring?<p>Konrad<p></i><br>The Harmon Kardon option used the same head unit as the standard stereo. The upgrade consisted of better speakers, an amp and a CD stacker. In order to 'extend' the stereo simply have a local 'REPUTABLE' car stereo professional install some hi-end speakers, an amp and the stacker. If your really bold you can add a sub-woofer. My understanding is that the subwoofer, for those that have done this, can be install in the rear shelf. All of the outputs are there, but you will obviously have to do some additional wiring.

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index