Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Karl Memoli
10-23-2001, 02:27 PM
Has anyone had any cracking of the windshield in their XKR/XK8 convertible? I had mine replaced at 14,000 miles. It was not the result of an impact (rock) and so the dealer replaced it under warranty. But I am concerned that it could recur...Any thoughts??

W.C.
10-23-2001, 09:11 PM
I and 2 other friends own XK8 convertables. We do not drive on daily basis. We found nothing wrong with the windshield so far. I have 14,000km on my clock. <p>I had a bmw 540i, after driving for a year or so I discover waves on the windshield and they changed it for me under warrantee.<p>Cases like these are most probably manufacturer's defect from the glass factory but could not be detected until it happens.<p>Inspect your new glass thoroughly for any uneveness is the only action you can take now.<p>W.C. <br>

Digi
10-24-2001, 08:46 PM

Tom Henderson
10-28-2001, 10:49 PM
<i><br>Has anyone had any cracking of the windshield in their XKR/XK8 convertible? I had mine replaced at 14,000 miles. It was not the result of an impact (rock) and so the dealer replaced it under warranty. But I am concerned that it could recur...Any thoughts??<p></i><br>I have 36K on my '98 convertible and have not had this problem. I would suspect a flawed windshield.

Darin
12-22-2001, 01:22 AM
<i><br>Has anyone had any cracking of the windshield in their XKR/XK8 convertible? I had mine replaced at 14,000 miles. It was not the result of an impact (rock) and so the dealer replaced it under warranty. But I am concerned that it could recur...Any thoughts??<p></i><br>HEY, ROCKS CHIP AND CRACK WINDSHIELDS!!!! THIS SHOULD NOT BE A WARRANTY ISSUE!!!!!

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index