Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

philip harris
01-02-2002, 05:04 PM
Anyone had any problems with the battery? Mine's discharged (now fried) twice for no obvious reason (no, I didn't leave the courtesy light on!). I'd be interested to hear of any similar problems/experiences.

Justin
01-02-2002, 08:11 PM
On my 850i, I had a battery that failed. I replaced it with a Die Hard battery. The car still would not start. I took the battery back to NTB. They tested the battery... the volts looked good and the amps were a little higher than spec. All said and done, it should have been fine. In the end, I convinced them to replace the battery, anyway. The replacement was installed and the car started up without hesitation.<p>I have no explanation, but I know there are funky things that can happen in (relatively) big engine cars.<p>Does the car die while driving? Idleing? Or just won't start up after being shut off?<p>My suggestion for battery shopping has never been brand specific... However, I have always been a proponent of buying a name brand and making sure that the battery has the best warranty available.<p>I said it once before, there is nothing like financial accountability to make sure something works right.<p>Good luck.<p>Justin

chris
01-03-2002, 11:17 PM
<br><i><br>Anyone had any problems with the battery? Mine's discharged (now fried) twice for no obvious reason (no, I didn't leave the courtesy light on!). I'd be interested to hear of any similar problems/experiences.<p></i><br>Did you leave it sit unused for an extended period of time? My 97 XK8 battery died last winter ('00) after not starting it up for about a month. Replaced it with a NON Jaguar battery that was recommended by my dealer. No problems this winter.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index