Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Another window closing problem

brim
02-23-2002, 06:04 PM
I recently bought a XKR 2001 convertible.<p>When I leave the vehicle and close the driver's side door, the window edges down and up slightly (as it is supposed to), but mashes the weather stripping as it ascends. As such, the window is not closed properly.<p>If I open and close the door again, the window goes down then up and hides underneath the weather stripping properly this time, however, upon pressing the alarm activation button on the keychain, I hear a bunch of clicking coming from inside the door.<p>Then the alarm goes off. Highly embarrassing for such an expensive car.<p>Thus, the only way to activate the alarm on the car is if the driver's side window is improperly closed (crushed against the rubber stripping).<p><br>Any ideas, anyone?<p>

Digi
02-23-2002, 06:43 PM
Don't have any suggestions.

brim
02-23-2002, 08:18 PM
Thanks for the input anyway, Digi.<p>Cheers!

Tom
02-25-2002, 01:08 AM
<i><br>I recently bought a XKR 2001 convertible.<p>When I leave the vehicle and close the driver's side door, the window edges down and up slightly (as it is supposed to), but mashes the weather stripping as it ascends. As such, the window is not closed properly.<p>If I open and close the door again, the window goes down then up and hides underneath the weather stripping properly this time, however, upon pressing the alarm activation button on the keychain, I hear a bunch of clicking coming from inside the door.<p>Then the alarm goes off. Highly embarrassing for such an expensive car.<p>Thus, the only way to activate the alarm on the car is if the driver's side window is improperly closed (crushed against the rubber stripping).<p><br>Any ideas, anyone?<p></i><br>I had a different weatherstripping problem but it could be instructive. When I raised the top the passenger's window would not seat properly against the weatherstripping. If I lowered the window and raised it again it seated properly. I had it to the dealer several times before I demanded that the technician come out so I could show him exactly what I was complaining about. He put a new weatherstrip in and the problem was solved.<br>It may be that yours is deformed enough to prevent the window closing all the way thus causing the alarm problem. Definitely a warranty issue, but don't trust the service advisor to properly communicate the problem to the tech.

brim
02-25-2002, 08:11 PM
Ahh.<p>It was set in my mind that the problem was the window, when it is possible that it could actually be the weather stripping.<p>Danke.<p>As an aside, I've contacted them and I shall be meeting with the service technicians on Thursday. <p>Many thanks.<br>

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index