Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Tot Doc
01-07-2002, 10:04 PM
1534 miles, I just had my windows tinted to 35% on my 2.5 platinum, auto, sport,premium, nav, premium sound and xenon. It really looks sharp. I drive about 30 miles one way to the office each day so the miles are climbing fast. MikeP is right, this machine loves to eat up miles. My weeping washer nozzles problem has miraculously disappeared. Other than that, not a single problem. It has snowed a few times here in Michigan and the DSC system is really handy. To answer a question posed earlier, when it activates, a yellow light flashes near the message center letting you know that it works. I believe what was said that the trasmission adapts to your driving style is correct. I feel that my X is much more refined than when I first picked it up (not that it wasn't refined then, but I feel that it almost knows when I want it to shift, and it does!). I also think it's faster off the line than previously. I found a sticker this morning on the inside of my center console that had a date of 20/11/01 (European dating system). My car was ordered Oct. 1st and I guess was not built until late November and delivered on 12/21/2001. I received a $500 gift certificate from the "Sharper Image" recently in the mail for purchasing the X-type, I guess my dealer filled out the application on my behalf (God bless him), for all of you that haven't purchased yet, inquire about it. I'm averaging 26 mpg on the freeway, and 21 mpg in the city. Everything is working the way it was designed to work, even though we are experiencing sub zero temps. It only take one to two minutes in the morning for the car to warm up. I'm just keeping the climate control on auto, and as soon as the car is warm, the fan speed automatically kicks up. I haven't heard a rattle or squeak yet. I actually look forward to the drive to the office in the morning and the drive back home each night. I hope everyone is enjoying their X as much as I am. Thad M. I went through your same dillema. I was a BMW loyalist, and I researched all the cars that you discussed. I have just one suggestion for you; BUY THE BABY JAG, I did, and I have absolutely no regrets, none whatsoever!!!

Serge
01-07-2002, 10:39 PM
I totally agree with you..this car is great! Just love mine more and more each day!<p><i><br>1534 miles, I just had my windows tinted to 35% on my 2.5 platinum, auto, sport,premium, nav, premium sound and xenon. It really looks sharp. I drive about 30 miles one way to the office each day so the miles are climbing fast. MikeP is right, this machine loves to eat up miles. My weeping washer nozzles problem has miraculously disappeared. Other than that, not a single problem. It has snowed a few times here in Michigan and the DSC system is really handy. To answer a question posed earlier, when it activates, a yellow light flashes near the message center letting you know that it works. I believe what was said that the trasmission adapts to your driving style is correct. I feel that my X is much more refined than when I first picked it up (not that it wasn't refined then, but I feel that it almost knows when I want it to shift, and it does!). I also think it's faster off the line than previously. I found a sticker this morning on the inside of my center console that had a date of 20/11/01 (European dating system). My car was ordered Oct. 1st and I guess was not built until late November and delivered on 12/21/2001. I received a $500 gift certificate from the "Sharper Image" recently in the mail for purchasing the X-type, I guess my dealer filled out the application on my behalf (God bless him), for all of you that haven't purchased yet, inquire about it. I'm averaging 26 mpg on the freeway, and 21 mpg in the city. Everything is working the way it was designed to work, even though we are experiencing sub zero temps. It only take one to two minutes in the morning for the car to warm up. I'm just keeping the climate control on auto, and as soon as the car is warm, the fan speed automatically kicks up. I haven't heard a rattle or squeak yet. I actually look forward to the drive to the office in the morning and the drive back home each night. I hope everyone is enjoying their X as much as I am. Thad M. I went through your same dillema. I was a BMW loyalist, and I researched all the cars that you discussed. I have just one suggestion for you; BUY THE BABY JAG, I did, and I have absolutely no regrets, none whatsoever!!! <p></i><br>

MikeP
01-08-2002, 08:55 AM
Thanks for the update, Ash. Maybe the freezing weather was the miracle that stopped your washer jets from leaking! LOL. Is that $500 Sharper Image certificate burning a hole in your pocket yet? Have you looked at anything interesting to buy? I hope we can look forward to more periodic updates from you. Keep warm.<p>Mike<p><i><br>1534 miles, I just had my windows tinted to 35% on my 2.5 platinum, auto, sport,premium, nav, premium sound and xenon. It really looks sharp. I drive about 30 miles one way to the office each day so the miles are climbing fast. MikeP is right, this machine loves to eat up miles. My weeping washer nozzles problem has miraculously disappeared. Other than that, not a single problem. It has snowed a few times here in Michigan and the DSC system is really handy. To answer a question posed earlier, when it activates, a yellow light flashes near the message center letting you know that it works. I believe what was said that the trasmission adapts to your driving style is correct. I feel that my X is much more refined than when I first picked it up (not that it wasn't refined then, but I feel that it almost knows when I want it to shift, and it does!). I also think it's faster off the line than previously. I found a sticker this morning on the inside of my center console that had a date of 20/11/01 (European dating system). My car was ordered Oct. 1st and I guess was not built until late November and delivered on 12/21/2001. I received a $500 gift certificate from the "Sharper Image" recently in the mail for purchasing the X-type, I guess my dealer filled out the application on my behalf (God bless him), for all of you that haven't purchased yet, inquire about it. I'm averaging 26 mpg on the freeway, and 21 mpg in the city. Everything is working the way it was designed to work, even though we are experiencing sub zero temps. It only take one to two minutes in the morning for the car to warm up. I'm just keeping the climate control on auto, and as soon as the car is warm, the fan speed automatically kicks up. I haven't heard a rattle or squeak yet. I actually look forward to the drive to the office in the morning and the drive back home each night. I hope everyone is enjoying their X as much as I am. Thad M. I went through your same dillema. I was a BMW loyalist, and I researched all the cars that you discussed. I have just one suggestion for you; BUY THE BABY JAG, I did, and I have absolutely no regrets, none whatsoever!!! <p></i><br>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index