Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Tony S (UK)
09-14-2001, 01:04 PM
As soon as i heard Jaguar were thinking of an F Type roadster I knew I had to have one to replace my 2.8 Z3.<p>I placed a deposit at my local dealer in March (of a 1000) to have my name down at the front of the queue.<p>i hears its coming out in 2004 (so long to wait) and the dealer told me jaguar were looking at a folding metal roof ala Mercedes SLK.<p>Anyone else pleaced an order

Keith
10-31-2001, 05:05 PM
You bet - I did here in Honolulu, but I was the second on the list!<p><br><i><br>As soon as i heard Jaguar were thinking of an F Type roadster I knew I had to have one to replace my 2.8 Z3.<p>I placed a deposit at my local dealer in March (of a 1000) to have my name down at the front of the queue.<p>i hears its coming out in 2004 (so long to wait) and the dealer told me jaguar were looking at a folding metal roof ala Mercedes SLK.<p>Anyone else pleaced an order<p></i><br>

Kevin Mistry
11-01-2001, 10:13 PM
I was wondering what the terms are for the deposit? Is it refundable if you don't like the production version, and is the deposit applied toward the price of the car (or does it merely get you a place in line?) Thanks for the info. I'm going to the Tokyo Motor Show tomorrow, hope they'll have the prototype there.

Keith
11-05-2001, 05:13 PM
<i><br>I was wondering what the terms are for the deposit? Is it refundable if you don't like the production version, and is the deposit applied toward the price of the car (or does it merely get you a place in line?) Thanks for the info. I'm going to the Tokyo Motor Show tomorrow, hope they'll have the prototype there.<p></i><p>Post a report from the motor show if there is any new information!!! As far as deposit, certainly my dealer will refund the money should I choose to not take delivery.<br>

Richard Crowther
11-16-2001, 09:04 AM
I too contacted a dealer as soon as I saw the show car and they took my details. A couple of months later I was talking to someone who was dealing with another dealer who had been asked for a 1000 deposit. Worried I may have missed my 'slot' I popped into my dealer to be told they weren't taking deposits and that only unscrupulous dealers were lining there pockets with the cash for 3 years.

Keith
11-20-2001, 02:57 PM
Actually, we put down US$500 (and I was still #2 on the list), but we have been dealing with this person for years, so we're not worried about getting screwed. In addition to providing a new XJ-something to my wife every 3-4 years (she's driving a 2001 XJR now - too damned fast!), he sold me the Boxster I'm running around in until the XKF (supercharged) appears on the scene. Anytime I'm in for service, I get a loaner. A good chance to try out XK8s, Vanden Plas, and the Boxster S!

Tony S (UK)
12-19-2001, 09:42 AM
My local dealer said that a deposit guarantees you a definate build allocation. I'd been gazumped before when the mercedes CLK came out they took my name and never took a deposit then told me later that they gave their loyal customers the first build slots.<br>The jag dealer told me it was only fair that those who put down their deposit got the car first. It is refundable but it is worth it to have one before the masses start wanting them... <br>

PhilTh
12-19-2001, 01:23 PM
Sounds like I was the unlucky one, Guy Salmon in Thames Ditton took 2k deposit from me. In fairness, they have subsequently treated me to Corporate Hospitality at a Harlequins match 'though. <p>When I spoke to the sales chap at the match he was reiterating the 2004 release date and said that each dealer would get 2 or 3 cars a months once deliveries start

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index