Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : clay bar before klasse?

Sid the Kid
06-04-2002, 01:06 PM
Should I use a clay bar on my car before applying klasse, or is it okay to just use klasse on its own. Cuz I have never used a clay bar before and I'm scared it might scratch my car if I do it wrong.

Nick T.
06-04-2002, 06:17 PM
first, spot clean any road tar, etc. Then wash very thoroughly with a <B>high alkaline</B> dish washing detergent to strip off the old wax. Next, put your hand into a sandwich bag … the very thin kind, not a ZipLock … and run your hand lightly over the paint surface. If you feel any bumps on the surface then the clay bar is called for.

Be sure to use <B>plenty</B> of lubricant with the clay bar. Ordinary car wash liquid with a little water works as well as the store bought lubricants. After you’re finished, then rewash the entire car with your favorite car wash soap. Now you’re ready for your Klasse.

<B>A</B>nal <B>R</B>etentive <B>Z</B>3 <B>O</B>wners <B>A</B>ssociation

Sid the Kid
06-04-2002, 07:24 PM
Thanx a lot Nick :).....I'll do that

06-07-2002, 01:05 AM

doc540
06-17-2002, 08:34 AM

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index