Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Stereo Upgrade Void Warrantee?

Eric B.
06-11-2002, 07:46 PM
I'm waiting to take delivery of my X5 4.4. To save some money I ordered the car without the DSP upgrade because I didn't believe it was worth the money they wanted. From what I understand it's almost entirely the same except for the woofers and a different aplifier (and it's DSP). I bought the HK package in my 2001 330i and I don't believe it's worth the cash that BMW wanted.

Anyway, I plan on adding onto this system the Alpine MP3 player like TommyX did as well as a subwoofer and eventually upgrading the speakers throughout. Does the addition of stereo components void the warrentee? I've heard mixed reports from people on the subject. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Eric

BillP
06-11-2002, 08:20 PM

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index