Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : P21s

Henry
06-12-2002, 10:36 PM
I have been a reasonably happy user of Meguair's products for years, with some modifications -- like preferring Griot's clay and Speedshine to the harsher Meguiar's clay. I have found Medallion Paint Cleaner and Wax products to be easy to apply and remove, and have found the Porter-Cable a time- and arm-saver. However, my impression, based on comments people have made and the short happy life of the Wax Test, is that P21s seems to be the wax of choice in terms of ease of application and shine. How do others feel? And how does P21s do with the Porter-Cable?

Baden Smith
06-12-2002, 11:26 PM
and have been quite happy with it. It goes on easy and comes off easy. I really like the fact that it leaves no white residue on the black parts like the door handles. I used Mother's wax before and the buffing to remove it was quite a bit more work but the white residue was the real killer. I usually wax about every 3 months.

I just bought a Porter Cable buffer last week and I will be setup to wax with the PC buffer and P21S in about 2 weeks. I'll post a review once I do that.

Baden
'98 Z3 2.8L Arctic Silver

You can find it at ... HellrotCi
06-13-2002, 01:14 PM
most new Harley shops and it sales for about $15 where P21S goes for about $25. My local Honda m/c dealer also carries S100. I'm not sure I'd use a PC to apply P21S/S100 wax since it's a wipe on/wipe off type of wax, meaning apply to 1 panel then wipe it off. This wax is soooo easy to apply you can wax you car in about 30 minutes or less. You don't want to wait too long before you remove it, maybe 20-30 seconds.

waxing your lawnmower (which I don't) Baden Smit
06-14-2002, 08:23 AM

Baden Smith
06-14-2002, 08:34 AM
This includes applying a coat of P21S Paintwork Cleanser. I realize that there are people here who are waxing their entire car in 20 minutes but to me, what's the rush? When I'm washing or waxing, I'm taking my time and enjoying the whole thing. When waxing especially, I'll buff a section, step back a little and look at it, buff it again, have a drink, etc. If I was trying to set some kind of record (or worse, trying to make a living out of waxing cars), I suppose I would be doing this much faster but this is an easy way for me to waste a Sunday afternoon and if I wasn't doing this, I'd probably be *wasting* time doing real work like mowing the lawn.

The reason why I picked up the Porter Cable buffer is that my wife is planning on picking up a 3 series and I suspect that my workload is going to double soon so I'm looking for ways to be more efficient without having to have a sore arm at the end of the day. I may or may not stay with P21S wax after I've tried it with the buffer as I realize that it's more or less designed for hand application. It's possible that I may move to a liquid wax which I beleive will be easier to apply with an orbital buffer.

Baden

month. (m) HellrotCi
06-14-2002, 06:26 PM
My monthly detail takes several hours but my Friday afternoon wash and wax job only takes 1.5 hours(1/2 hr for wash, 1/2 hr for dry & QD, 1/2 hr for wax). I wax once a week because I'm a carnaubaholic and I love the slick feel of the paint after waxing. I also don't drive more than 50 or so miles a week and hardly ever in the rain.

(m) HellrotCi
06-14-2002, 06:29 PM
Most people would say why wax your car, it's only a tool to get you from point A to point B.

Baden Smith
06-15-2002, 02:18 AM
My point was more to do with the amount of surface area of a motorcycle that you can actually wax. Waxing a car is quite a beneficial task because of the large amount of painted surface area which is visible.

Baden

06-28-2002, 10:20 PM
Hello Henry,

Here is why I and others prefer P21S. It goes on and off easily by hand, leaves a terrific shine, lasts longer than others, does not turn black trim white and costs less than others. Waxing by hand with P21S does not take long at all.

I don't know if I'd use a porter cable with the P21S. Of course, use it for your cleaners and polishes, but apply the wax by hand. It really does not take long at all.

Any questions, please email me or call 1-800-964-8711

Sincerely,
Melissa
http://www.autodetail.com

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index