Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : wax that gets caught b/tw edges

caylan
06-13-2002, 08:29 AM
How do I clean the wax that gets caught in between the edges up?

Is there a preferred way? thanks!

tommckinney
06-13-2002, 11:20 AM
<br>The Other Tom

with the Q-tip. HellrotCi
06-13-2002, 01:16 PM

Neil Chadwick
06-18-2002, 01:07 PM
Go to your local Kitchen or restaurant supply and get a pastry brush,they are the softest and can still do the job!!

Steve
06-20-2002, 05:33 PM
Paint Brush. Go to Home Depot, buy the nicest 1" wide Camel Hair brush you can find (they cost about $12 - $15). Wrap any metal parts with tape (to prevent possible scratching), then take a scissors and give the brush a hair-cut.

Cut all but about 1/2" of the bristles off, so that you have a "stubby" paint brush. Now, use a little quick detailer to wet down the wax, then dab/brush at the dried wax.

You can find this information, along with a ton of other tips (not to mention reviews of over 40 different waxes) in our special report: Wax Test 2002.

Thanks,
Steve
Editor-In-Chief
Guru Reports

06-28-2002, 10:24 PM
I wax my door, trunk, and hood jambs so when you wipe these areas, you remove the wax.

Sincerely,
Melissa
http://www.autodetail.com

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index