Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Hi! I need some advice with upgrade problem ! (m)

mikieb1
06-15-2002, 07:01 PM
I recently upgraded my stock stereo w/ MB Quart's front & back powered by an Xtant 603 amp, with a 12 inch JL Audio Sub, in a sealed box facing backwards While the sound is a huge improvement, I have a nagging problem. It seems that the vibrations from the Sub are causing the cd changer to skip and drop in and out. I don't even have to have the volume up much either. I have a remote gain switch for the sub and unless the gain is almost all the way down, and system is playing at very low volume it happens. It was all professionally installed by a highly recommended car stereo shop here in Atlanta, CarTunes. Although they seem more than willing to try and resolve the problem, they've suggested that it's the changer. Before I think about upgrading it, I wanted to find out if anyone else has had similiar problems. I appreciate any input and thanks in advance!

MikeB

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index