Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar's Scratch X vs 3M Imperial Hand Glaze

Mathew
06-15-2002, 08:15 PM
Does anyone have any experience with these products? I havent seen them in person, but from what i can tell these are used to smooth out scratches/swirl marks, right? Are these both of these the same type of product? Ive got some scratches on my roof from a plywood incident that i'd like to see disappear. Anyone have any suggestions as to which i should use? And also, whats the price of these things and how much do you get?

Thank in advance

Poster Mark
06-24-2002, 03:49 PM
I just used Meguiar's Scratch X for slight swirl marks, like from using a dirty applicator pad or such. The scratches were on the car when I bought it, so I dont know how they got there. It worked very well, removed most of them, when I do it again (6 months ?) I think it will remove more. I did it by hand, and since its the first time using it, I was pretty gentle. I dont think its strong enough to remove plywood scratches, more like swirl marks, but I guess it depends on how deep they are. My car is black, so they really show.
Bought from Mequires.com
I used less than half the bottle. (Z3)
I have never used 3M.

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index