Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Hi - usually post in Z3 forum, but have question

lynnmadison
06-22-2002, 01:01 AM
I have terry cloth towels and a couple of foam pads, and one terry bonnet, and one microfiber bonnet, and all are covered with various car detailing products -- Meguiar's Paint cleaner, Polish, and liquid Wax. Also, I have my shammy, and two wash mitts, and a sponge that I use to wash the wheels (i.e., it has brake dust on it). My question is -- how do I best clean these things so I'm ready for the next time?

Thanks in advance!

bretfraz
06-22-2002, 10:48 AM
Best thing to do is wash these by hand. I use a little laundry detergent and soak them in a tupperware tub for a little while, then I hand wash them and rise thoroughly.

Foam pads need a lot of rinsing so take your time. Terry and MF pads are pretty easy to do; you might want to use a brush on the terry pads but use your hands only on MF.

Natural chamois need to be hand cleaned but The Aborber can be thrown into the washing machine. So can the terry towels.

Clean the wheel sponge by hand or toss it out and buy a new one (they're cheap). Best thing to do with wash mitts is clean them right after washing the car. I've thrown cotton chenille ones into the washer and they got clean but started to fall apart.

bretfraz
06-22-2002, 10:48 AM
Best thing to do is wash these by hand. I use a little laundry detergent and soak them in a tupperware tub for a little while, then I hand wash them and rise thoroughly.

Foam pads need a lot of rinsing so take your time. Terry and MF pads are pretty easy to do; you might want to use a brush on the terry pads but use your hands only on MF.

Natural chamois need to be hand cleaned but The Aborber can be thrown into the washing machine. So can the terry towels.

Clean the wheel sponge by hand or toss it out and buy a new one (they're cheap). Best thing to do with wash mitts is clean them right after washing the car. I've thrown cotton chenille ones into the washer and they got clean but started to fall apart.

Jude G
06-26-2002, 08:05 PM
When washing your cloths in the washing machine.... a little lestol helps remove grease and dirt !! Don't use fabric softner !!

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index