Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : car washing streaks

steve95740i
06-23-2002, 01:15 PM
Just finished washing my newly bought car (95' BMW 740i, dark blue). After drying, there are streaks in it. I can't seam to buff the streaks out, even after two washes. I used Meguires wash, and dried with 100% cotton USA towells. Haven't waxed yet. Theres also lint, any suggestions?

Steve

forrestt
06-23-2002, 05:39 PM
How much car wash did you use? Too much (more than about an ounce per gallon of water) can cause streaking.

The towels used - how were they laundered? Using fabric softener in the washer or dryer can cause streaking that's noticable on a darker color.<br>[email protected]

Anthony
06-24-2002, 04:36 PM
Get Eagle on wet shine and wipe down the streak area. Works great on dark cars. Removes fingerprints, bugs etc. also while putting some protection on the finish.

06-30-2002, 10:25 PM
Hello Steve,

Congratulations on your new 740i. Enjoy!

Being that you just brought it home, you need to prepare and protect it right away. When you are finished, your shine will look deeper than the day you bought it.

First, wash and clay the car. Claying removes dirt and grime, rail dust, bugs, tar, etc. You will feel the difference. It is incredible. Please email me if you'd like instructions on claying or want more information. Then rinse and dry. Apply a cleaner like P21S Gloss Enhancing Paintwork Cleanser. This will give you the deep gloss, depth of shine that we all want. Then use P21S Carnauba Paste Wax.

Any questions, please email me or call 1-800-964-8711.

Sincerely,
Melissa
http://www.autodetail.com

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index