Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : E46 rear speakers (wiring)

nadeem
06-26-2002, 01:01 PM
Help!!

I'm trying to install an Infinity BAsslink sub in the trunk and I need to know where to get the speaker feed from. I've got the standard Business CD set-up.

I need to splice both rear speakers, but don't know where to do it. I don't want to remove the head unit, I'm hoping I could get a feed direct from the rear speakers. How do you remove the rear parcel/speaker shelf?

Many thanks in advance.

Nad

shifty
07-12-2002, 03:16 PM
..anybody know?

dfcookno
07-31-2002, 02:06 PM
It's not hard to remove the speakers and get to the wires. Just pry off the speaker grills (they are plastic) with a small screwdriver.
Then remove the foam liner.
You will find three 12mm (10 or 12mm) bolts holding the speakers in placeRemove those and the speakers come right out.
There is a foam/rubber insulation cup that the speakers sit in that can be removed to allow an opening straight into the trunk.
You can tap off the speaker leads there and run the tap into the trunk to your subwoofer.
I hope this helps.

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index