Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : spiderwebs

328is
06-28-2002, 03:02 AM
How can i get the spiderwebs out of my jet black finish? I have a teflon coat and I don't think i can use anything abrasive.

06-29-2002, 06:13 PM
Hello,

Sorry I am going to be some vague here. I have detailed some cars which teflon coating and some products leave a smeary finish. And, we don't want that. So, here's what I recommend: Contact your dealership and ask them what kind of teflon coating you have and how do they say you should care for it. It they say, regular, everyday products like polishes, cleaners and waxes then here is what you do.

First, wash extremely well, removing all dirt, grime, tar, bugs, etc. Then dry. Follow up with Meguiar's Swirl Remover then the wax of your choice.

Here's some information that you need to know. You always start with the least abrasive product first. You say that you can not use anything abrasive, but all polishes and cleaners (which will remove your spider web marks) contain some abrasive. So, start with the least aggressive one first.

Now, if the Meguiar's Swirl Remover does not remove the spider web marks then do the following: Start with Meguiar's Fine Cut Cleaner, then the Swirl Remover, then wax.

Always feel free to call me at 1-800-964-8711 or email me if you have any questions.

Sincerely,
Melissa
http://www.autodetail.com

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index