Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Liquid Glass??

ZeUsGR
06-28-2002, 10:00 AM
I've been using liquid glass since i got my car about 5 months ago(99' 528i)when i first gotit i had it buffed then the detailer appiled liquid glass polish, he told me its pretty good stuff, so i've been using it since then. I use 3M hand glaze then i apply the liquid glass. It lasts long and it has a great shine. My paint is in geat shape so i figured the 3M glaze is enough to prep it for the liquid glass. Whatdo you guys recommend? should i stick to 3M hand glaze and the liquid glass? My car is titanium silver

RikuY
06-28-2002, 11:48 AM
In my opinion, I like the product. I used the Liquid Glass pre-cleaner and polish on my Hell Red 325i and came out nice. The pre-cleaner was amazing. I have switched to P21S carnuba wax for protection, though. I live in southwest Florida, and the heavy rains warrant the carnuba wax to me. It lasts longer on average than the liquid glass did. Also, the washing is easy with the P21S. It seems like dirt falls off with P21S. I hand applied all of the above and used terry cloth white towels. It depends on where you live because I have no experience with snow (and rust ;).....)Hope this helps....

RikuY

06-29-2002, 06:00 PM
Hello,

Liquid Glass has been around for quite a while. It is a synthetic wax like Finish First and Klasse.

Now, with anything, what you like is a personal preference. If you like Liquid Glass then stick with it. And yes, you can use 3M Imperial Hand Glaze and then the Liquid Glass. If you'd like you can do these steps: Liquid Glass Cleaner, 3M Imperial Hand Glaze then Liquid Glass.

If you want to try another synthetic wax (I feel will perform better) than go with the Klasse.

A terrific Carnauba based wax (traditional wax) is the P21S Carnauba Paste Wax. It goes on and off easily, lasts longer than other waxes, will not turn black trim white, and leaves an outstanding shine. As you can see, I prefer Carnauba paste waxes. :)

Any questions, please feel free to call me at 1-800-964-8711 or email me.

Sincerely,
Melissa
http://www.autodetail.com

ZeUsGR
06-30-2002, 12:21 PM

07-01-2002, 10:12 AM

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index