Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning coffee spill from tan carpet--help!

WoodyWW
06-28-2002, 04:12 PM
Any advice? This just happened--I tried to mop up as much as I could with paper towells; then a damp sponge. Thanks!

Steve
06-28-2002, 09:46 PM
Griot's makes an excellent Interior cleaning product. I generally like to use it mixed 50/50 with water. Spary it on heavily, brush lightly and then blot it dry with a towel.

06-29-2002, 05:49 PM
Hello,

Sorry to hear about your coffee spill. When I detailed cars, I saw coffee stains everyday. So, they can be removed after months. :)

Use a good carpet shampoo or P21S Total Auto Wash works great too. Just make sure you dilute this product about 50/50. Use a clean, white cotton towel and scrub. As you scrub, look at your towel. You will see the dirt on the towel. Continue until your towel and your carpet are clean.

Any questions, please call me at 1-800-964-8711 or email me.

Sincerely,
Melissa
http://www.autodetail.com

WoodyWW
07-02-2002, 05:23 PM
Thanks for all the advice! I used "Zep" carpet cleaner sold at Home Depot (which was 1/2 price of Resolve). Stains are gone but now carpet has a "stiff" look & feel compared to the uncleaned carpet (still better than looking at coffee stains). Any advice?

Thanks, Steve

WoodyWW
07-02-2002, 05:23 PM
Thanks for all the advice! I used "Zep" carpet cleaner sold at Home Depot (which was 1/2 price of Resolve). Stains are gone but now carpet has a "stiff" look & feel compared to the uncleaned carpet (still better than looking at coffee stains). Any advice?

Thanks, Steve

steve
07-02-2002, 05:39 PM
Usually a quick shot with the vacuum cleaner will remove any residue from the ZEP - I believe this is what's causing the bristles to be more stiff than the others.

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index