Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Removing Armour-All from glass ??????

daytona
06-30-2002, 04:13 AM
While using Armour-All wipes on his dash, my son got some on the inside of the windshield.

Any input on how to remove it?

Thanks,

Eric

steve
06-30-2002, 11:00 AM
I'd recommend the following:

1) Get your favorite glass cleaner (Sprayaway, Stoners, Eagle One 20/20, Windex, etc). Make a quick run to the hardware store and get some #00000 Steel wool -- it's the finest steel wool available.

2) Spray down the window with your glass cleaner.

3) Carefully scrub the glass with the steel wool. Don't worry - the #0000 or #00000 steel wool will not scratch the glass. (DON'T use steel wool if you have aftermarket tinted windows)

I like to make multiple passes with the steel wool, using an overlapping motion/pattern.

4) Grab a lint-free towel (a high quality MicroFiber towel works best) or a lint-free paper towel and dry the glass. Dry the inside of the windows using a horizontal motion and the outside of the windows using a vertical motion - this will allow you to easily tell where any streaks are coming from.

That should do it!
-Steve

PS: I took this info from our Special Report: The Wax Test 2002...

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index