Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : How to remove road tar from paint?

NJ325ci
07-01-2002, 08:08 AM
What is the best way to remove road tar from painted parts? I noticed I have a larage about of small tar specs on my hood.
Thanks in advance for your help.
NJ325ci

9 Nines
07-01-2002, 09:33 AM
Most on-line sites, such as www.carcareonline.com or www.properautocare.com will have it.

It will remvoe your wax so you will have to rewax but any remover will. It will easily remove the tar, therefore less scrubbing by you. Less scrubbing means less scratching.

steve
07-01-2002, 06:14 PM
You could also try:

Porsche Tequipment Bug/Tar Remover
or
Clay Magic Blue Detailing Poly-Clay

I'm also a big fan of the Total Autowash that 9 Nines mentioned below.

-Steve

RikuY
07-02-2002, 07:04 AM

9 Nines
07-03-2002, 11:44 AM
ow the hydro plane. I am in the camp that believe clay sheers off all that it cleans. Some makes arguments that it pulls solid objects out. It would be between the strength of the bond between paint and the object, where teh clay is cutting it. I doubt much tar would stay together, completely breaking the tar's bond with the paint, versus breaking the tar into pieces, some staying on car and some going to clay bar.

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index