Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : P21S Finish Restorer - Anyone have experiences?

9 Nines
07-03-2002, 12:01 PM
Anyone use P21S Finish Restorer? I have minor water etching on the top of my car. I say minor because I can not see them in daylight. I noticed them will inspecting under a fluorescent light.

Neither 3M Swirl Remover of Meguiars’ Swirl Remover would remove them. I want to try the next aggressive step, which by hand is P21S Finish Restorer, as part of an application mixed with one of the others.

Anyone tried it? Experiences?

CG
07-04-2002, 09:03 AM
I too had water spot etching on the roof of my BMW. Like you, they showed up very nicely under fluorescent light. I tried many different mild polishes, but couldn't get them out. Finally, I tried P21S Multi-Finish Restorer and although it left a lot of fine scratches, it lifted the stuborn stain. I followed up with a light machining of 3M Fine Cut, then 3M Imperial Machine Glaze (3M Imp Hand Glaze should also work), and before wax a coat of P21S Gloss Enhancer, then p21S wax.

Another less aggressive suggestion you may want to try first, is a combination of one part P21S Multi-Finish Restorer to about 2-3 parts glaze or swirl mark remover and rub out by hand. Repeat the applications as needed.

After nearly two years I finally decided to try a more aggressive approach and it worked out very well. The spots are gone!

For other tips I like this site and the owners comments and tips. IMHO, he is very conservative.

Anyway, I hope that helps as this is my very humble opinion of P21S finish restorer. But lately, I have used the finish restorer more liberaly and have had very good results, as long as I follow up with at least a glaze to remove the scratches.

Good Luck

CG

9 Nines
07-04-2002, 11:04 AM

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index