Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

MMM
07-05-2002, 10:46 AM
My car makes its peak hp at 4700 rpm. This is when I am srpaying the nitrous express 75 shot. After it makes 290hp at the wheels@4700 rpm my car sharply drops off power down to about the 250 range and stays aroun there untill redline. My air/fuel ratio also suffers, it begins to run rich after 5000 rpm all the way down to 10.1 at 6000rpm. I have graphs and data if anyone thinks they might be able to help I could e-mail them to you.

BadCo
07-06-2002, 01:17 AM
How do you add the additional fuel during NOS injection? Extra fuel injector? Increasing fuel pressure in the fuel rail? This looks the logical place to look for the reason for the problem.

BadCo

bimM///er
07-06-2002, 09:11 AM
I have a wet kit set up, so the fuel and the nitrous mix in the same nozzle before entering my air intake. The nitous to fuel ratio should always be the same. I run Nitous Express, not NOS(my subject was misleadng). It seems after VANOS stops activating my car runs rich and my horsepower drops from 290 to 250 within 300rpm.

bimM///er
07-08-2002, 08:05 AM
My system is a wet kit so the extra fuel mixes with the nitrous in a single nozzle and that nozzle sprays into my air intake rigt before my throttle body. My extrat fuel comes from a line that is tapped into the fuel return line of my car. But, correct me if I am wrong, if my car is running rich I am getting to much fuel so why would fuel pressure be an issue?

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index