Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Mother's--or other--"all-in-one" ?

WoodyWW
07-10-2002, 11:47 AM
I'm one of those people who has always used an all-in-one polish-cleaner-wax. I understand from being on this board that that is not optimal--but are any of them any good? In particular Mother's Calif. Gold? I have a black '88 M6 that is garaged--I've always used Meguiar's cleaner-wax on it & think it looks great. However I recently started waxing my black 528iT (that sits outside) with it & I'm not that happy with the result. For me it's a matter of time. Thanks!

SteveW

red968
07-10-2002, 08:26 PM
Hi SteveW,

I use Mother's Gold Carnuba on my my wife's silver X5 and my white M3. I don't have any experiences with other waxes, so I can't compare it to anything else. When I use what I have up, I will probably switch to P21S Carnuba based on Melissa's comments. She said this wax doesn't stain the black trim, and goes on and off easily.

Peabo

autodetail
07-11-2002, 11:28 PM
Hi Guys,

Here's the scoop on waxes that have cleaners in them. When you take two products and mix them into one, they become less effective than if you used them separately. So, when you actually do this process in two separate steps you are providing your paint with more protection.

The Cleaner removes old wax and cleans the paint. It can remove fine scratches, swirls and scuffs. This process shines your paint providing a more depth of color.

Then you provide straight protection with the wax. Wax will provide a little shine, but it's main job is protection.

As for P21S. Yes, it is an excellent wax. It goes on and off easily (and I mean easily), lasts longer than others, leaves a great shine and will not turn black trim white. So, no need to tape up your molding. (When I detailed for a living, I hated this step! :( ) I've never had anyone say they did not like it.

Any questions, please email me or call 1-800-964-8711

Sincerely,
Melissa
http://www.autodetail.com

9 Nines
07-12-2002, 10:41 AM
car. Whole car: I cleaned with Meguiars Siwrl Remover 2.0, polished/oiled with P21S cleanser. Almost whole car and half of trunk (front on Porsche) I used P21S wax. On teh other half of trunk I used One Grand Blitz. I see no difference between the two in appearance under any light but then is this not what one should get, as a wax protects and should not hinder light reflecting.

Also, on easy to apply and remove. P21S is a soft carnuba and One Grand is a hard caranuba. This actually makes residue be the opposite. WIth P21S, Zymol and other soft waxes, you must buff an application quickly. If you wait too long, you will have to apply fresh wax to buff the old residue off. I left some P21S on some areas too long and I had to use a microfiber towel to get it buffed out.

So it is easy if you wax on and buff a small section quickly. By per se, it is not an easy wax to buff, as you must strictly follow those directions.

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index