Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Removing undercoating & OC, Ca. Detailers?

prsncat
07-11-2002, 02:33 PM
Anyone have suggestions for removing undercoating for the textured wheel well of a 1974 BMW 2002?

Secondly, I broke one of my fingers (slammed the passenger side door of the Suburban on it) and I was in the midst of detailing the heck out of my '74 2002. Anyone know a detailer in Orange County CA that does near show quality work? I am talking undercarriage, engine bay, etc.

Steve's Detailing detailed it once, but they left dirt around trim (that has taken foam brushes and cleaners to take off), they burned thru the pain in one place (luckily it was under the chrome belt line trim strip -- I delivered a fairly stripped car for them to detail), and did a lousy job on the engine. I have tried 4 different detailers in the past 2 years and I have started to lose hope that I will ever find someone that takes pride in their work.

You can reply by email directly.

Brian

scottn2retro
07-14-2002, 07:00 PM
The Carnuba store is not a detail shop themselves (they supply quite a few of the detailers and BMW dealers in OC). Marco may have a line on somebody that can do that level of work for you. (949) 574 -7676.<br>2001 M Roadster - silver/red top/imola red

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index