Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Burn mark on is 'is' rear spoiler - how to fix?

Ian 87 325ic
07-12-2002, 03:51 PM
Hi all:
First time on this board and I'm impressed with the detailed (pun intended) answers.

I have an '87 BMW 325ic with the factory black polyurethane, trunk mounted spoiler. At some point in its past, I think someone got a bit too aggressive with a power buffer and burnt a small section (about 1" X 3") of this spoiler. It drives me nuts every weekend when I detail the car. I use Vinylex on all the rubber and vinyl. I have considered using Vinylex as a lubricant and 2000 grit wet/dry sandpaper to remove it but am afraid the result would be to dull the finish on the entire spoiler.

Does anyone out there have any ideas?

Thanks,
Ian

steve
07-12-2002, 06:03 PM
I'm afraid you're probably stuck with the burn mark, unless you can find a pretty talented vinyl repair shop; they might be able to help you out, but AFAIK, there isn't a real good consumer available product for repairing burnt vinyl/rubber.

Anyone else have any ideas? I have a friend with a similar problem, and would love to be able to figure out a viable solution.

-Steve

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index