Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : P21S how to?......more.......

Plazmanet1
07-13-2002, 11:10 AM
I used p21s for the first time on my 325I. It is Electric red. After applying wax to the hood area I let it dry for about 2 min. After wax was buffed (by hand) in low light I noticed very slight petterns where wax was applied. I was trying to buff more but they steel visible. What do I have to do to get rid of them? Thanks.

steve
07-13-2002, 02:36 PM
On the package of p21s (and the little instruction booklet that comes with it) it clearly states that you should NOT allow the wax to dry on the surface.

As they say, "Wipe it on, let it sit for about 15 seconds, then buff it off." Use thin coats, and make sure that the surface is completely cool and in the shade.

I'd double check the directions as supplied by P21S, but I'm pretty certain that the 2 minute wait is what caused the less than stellar results.

-Steve

Plazmanet1
07-13-2002, 11:52 PM

dgdoc
07-14-2002, 04:57 PM
This also happens if you wax in the sun or on a hot surface.
Waiting 2 minutes should be OK - I do this all the time with P21S and don't have a problem.

You can usually correct the problem by going back over your car with a Detailing spray like Meguiars Final Inspection or something similar (3M, Griots Garage, etc.). Some people have even found that a spray bottle with water will also even out the wax on the car when this problem occurs.

9 Nines
07-14-2002, 06:05 PM
P21S must be buffed quickly. Do a small area 12inchesX12inches or so. Buff right after applying, while still damp. Do not let dry.

If you do let it dry, aply fresh wax as instructed above.

Thsi is why I argued with someone on this board that P21S is easy to apply and remove. It is if you buff right after applying but since you must be attentive to quickly buffing, I think it is missleading to say it is easy to apply and remove.

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index