Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : removing stains from headliner

jeffb
07-15-2002, 02:48 PM
Had a little run-in with a razor blade (cut finger bad)in my car yesterday and have some blood splattered on the headliner. I was able to remove the stains from the leather and other areas but was not sure how to tackle the headliner. Special cleaner to use, or what? I want to do this ASAP and would need to be able to buy any cleaner at a local store - I will be out of town for 10 days or so and do not want this to sit that long.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff

Intel486
07-15-2002, 07:39 PM
You don't want to get the headliner too wet because it can break down the glue and cause it to fall down. You'll need a high foaming upholstery cleaner. I've found the Prestone Carpet cleaner is great for this and it can easily be picked up at Wal mart

geekysteve
07-15-2002, 07:40 PM
Hi Jeff,

Scroll down about 1/2 page and you'll see a thread about cleaning headliners/interiors.

-Steve<br>The Truth Shall Set You Free: <a href = "http://www.gurureports.org" target = "_blank">Guru Reports</a>

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index