Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Steve: P21S Finish Restorer

9 Nines
07-15-2002, 08:16 PM
Do you ahve experience with P21S Finish Restorer? Using it about 1 to 4 with 3M Imperial Glaze, how agressive is it? I have some wateretching that other things have not removed. Is it too agressive for that?

geekysteve
07-15-2002, 09:28 PM
Sorry, unfortunately I haven't tried the finish restorer. I've been wanting to try some, but have been too busy with the magazine lately! :-)<br>
-Steve

The Truth Shall Set You Free: <a href = "http://www.gurureports.org" target = "_blank">Guru Reports</a>

(another) Steve
07-16-2002, 08:04 AM
I've used it at about that ratio to get some cat claw marks (thats another story) off and it worked great. I followed it up with multiple straight IHG buffings. I alao use it full strength to polish the plastic lenses over the headlights when they get stained.

9 Nines
07-16-2002, 01:03 PM
g. You should be more careful with those than your paint. As scracthes build, your light quality diminishes.

(yet another) Steve
07-16-2002, 02:47 PM

(yet another) Steve
07-16-2002, 02:50 PM
If you read the label it says (see *** in text):

"Brightens aluminum, magnesium, stainless steel, chrome, brass and other badly tarnished metals, yet mild enough to be used on painted surfaces and to clear clouded ***plastic*** windows. Rubs out easier than ordinary polishes with no unpleasant ammonia smell. Our favorite multi-surface polish. May be combined with 3M Hand Glaze to help remove minor paint scratches or swirls."

9 Nines
07-17-2002, 01:06 PM
if you get hard dust on applicator and then apply to lenses, the ywill scratch - that is teh risk with all products. My point on lenses is that not only woudl scratches be a cosmetic problem but the ywoudl also hinder your light source. So be careful around lenses, een more so than on paint.

(yet another) Steve
07-18-2002, 08:34 AM
I had a show car and have some high end machines still---benz, bimmer etc. Been detaing cars for 35 years...your not gonna teach me anything new.

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index