Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : P21S- Can you layer? How many Layers?

AMP99
07-16-2002, 09:37 PM
I am currently using Griots Best of Show Wax and my Jet Black 1999 740iL looks great. I am looking into trying a wax that has a bit more shine and that is possibly easier to remove.

I heard that P21S is a good wax but can you layer P21S? If anone out there has done this, let me know.

Cheers,

AMP99

bretfraz
07-17-2002, 05:07 PM
In general you cannot layer carnauba waxes. What happens when you add a layer of carnauba to an existing layer is the original layer sort of "reliquifies" and is spread around the car again.

There is a benefit to adding a second layer of carnauba - The second coat will even out the carnauba on the car and provide for better protection and a more consistent shine. It's sorta like applying another coat of sunscreen on your face. You're not doubling the protection, you're just evening out the amount of product so that your skin doesn't burn.

But adding more than two coats of carnauba is pretty much a waste of time and product.

sbarnard
07-17-2002, 10:38 PM
If your thinking about changing the shine (wax) on your car, I would suggest first using a car wash that removes wax P21S is the one i use. It wouldn't hurt to wash the car twice. Then after you apply a good carnuba or your choice, let it cure on the car. don't wipe it off right away. The important thing is that the wax needs to bond to the paint before you try to put on a second layer. Find a good dry day to do this for the best results. The second layer of wax will buff off easier.

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index