Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Waxing after week in garage and under car cover?

9 Nines
07-21-2002, 07:07 PM
I washed my car and place my car cover over it. Also, it is garaged. I only place the car cover on it each week after washing. A few times, when I drive not far on Saturday, I will wipe car with Final Inspection before cover. Therefore cover should be clean. Would it be okay to wax next Saturday with no more washes (I will not drive it before then and it will be garaged under the cover)? If I do wash, I will do on Friday evening so it is dry in crevices before wax.

Think it okay, or will dust accumulate? The car cover is a Dustop.

geekysteve
07-21-2002, 08:38 PM
I do this all the time without any troubles. I have a WeatherShield car cover (microfiber/microweave car cover) - here's what usually happens:

I wash and detail the car before I leave for a long business trip. I cover the car after it's washed and detailed, and it's left in the garage while I'm gone.

I return from the trip (usually 2 weeks minimum), use my California Car Duster to dust the car, give it a wipe down with Quick Detailer, and then proceed to apply another layer of wax/protectant.

So far, no problems - just be careful with that initial dusting/QD.

<br>
-Steve

The Truth Shall Set You Free: <a href = "http://www.gurureports.org" target = "_blank">Guru Reports</a>

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index