Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Is Simple Green safe as a wheel cleaner?

C-Bear
07-22-2002, 04:39 PM

steve
07-22-2002, 05:48 PM
I've seen it marr it's fair share of wheels. If you must use it, dillute it at least 50/50 with water before spraying on wheels, and make sure the wheels are completely COLD before using Simple Green on them.

Straight simple green works wonders on black plastic wheel wells though.

I've had good luck with:
Eagle One A2Z
P21S Gel Wheel Cleaner
Sonus Gel Wheel Cleaner
Eimann Fabrik Hi-Inensity Cleaner (dilluted 50/50 w/water)

-Steve

C-Bear
07-23-2002, 11:02 AM
I just want to make sure I'm not damaging the clear-coat on the wheels.

Usually I wet the wheels down along with the entire car, then spray a couple shot of the Simple Green on each wheel. Then I wash as usual.

All good?

geekysteve
07-23-2002, 11:50 AM
Marring is "clouding" or "hazing" or other semi-subtle damage to the wheels. Make sure that you're not getting any etching or pitting, and that the clear coat remains nice and smooth on the wheels. If you see any staining (would look sort of like water spots) or other undesirable's, then I'd recommend switching from Simple Green to something more suited for wheels.

Since you wet down the wheels first, you are helping "cushion" against the Simple Green, but if it were me, I'd still go with a quality wheel cleaner. If it's working for you though, keep on using it - quite often I feel like I'm converting people at times, which isn't the goal - just tryin' to help inform a little better. :-)

Now, show us some pics of your car!!!! :-) (you could upload them to gurureports.org)<br>
-Steve

The Truth Shall Set You Free: <a href = "http://www.gurureports.org" target = "_blank">Guru Reports</a>

cosmosblau
07-25-2002, 02:01 PM

TheDue
07-30-2002, 02:47 PM

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index