Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning tires.......

CarolinaKen
08-03-2002, 05:12 PM
How about some suggestions on how you clean your tires? I see plenty of advice of cleaning wheels and wheel cleaners advertised, but I'm looking for getting the tires really clean.

TIA

CK from the Z3 board

sidwall clean but I use... (m)HellrotCi
08-03-2002, 06:07 PM
a 3:1, 4:1 solution of water and Simple Green and it works really well. I then wash my wheels with my regular auto shampoo(P21S) and make another quick pass over the tires. I wash the tires the second time just to make sure the Simple Green is fully rinsed off.

steve
08-03-2002, 08:18 PM

kentd98
08-05-2002, 05:23 PM

awoll
08-11-2002, 05:54 PM
I just did a number of experiments on my tires to answer this question. I tried the usual sprays, including Maguires dab on. These products leave a thick film that is not readily visible. On a hunch I tried Son Of A Gun, (Like Armorall, which I suspect will work just as well), and though it has taken three go arounds, the tires now look great - very black - and they are staying that way longer. Throw away the tire blacks and just use son of a gun.

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index