Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index


08-12-2002, 10:52 AM
I know that alot of you guys in restoring your jags have bought parts cars. I am looking to buy my dad a XKE roadster. He owned one as a younger and wilder man. However, when I came along, there were only 2 seats and well I needed a seat too. So he sold it. He is retiring in a year, and I would really very much love to give him back a piece of his youth. I need something that is workable, My father and I have previous experience resoring classics. We finished a Triumph a few months ago that is currently my sunny day driver. I would love to buy him a mint series I or II Jaguar XKE roadster, but I am a grad school student with student loans to pay off, and limited resources. Besides, with retirement, and our relativly close proximity he is gonna have all kinds of free time, and it will give me a good excuse to come over and spend time with my dad. Please help me. Any recommendations on what steps to take to aquire what I am looking for, would be much appreciated. my email address is

08-20-2002, 06:26 PM
I'd start by checking out all the classic car classified papers. Gullwing Motors seem to advertize quite a few "fixers", and there are others. Depends on where you are and how far you're willing to travel.

Gullwing's website has one "fixer". Not sure if they put all of their inventory online tho.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index