Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Daniel \\\
08-19-2002, 06:52 PM
Ok Im going to put in a T25 turbocharger and need some help with the rest. I'm thinking about running 8-12psi of boost. Could I run a healthy K-jet system with Larger injectors, a Rising rate regulator, MSD 6BTM ignition and 8mm wires or do I have to do more changes?

Thanks in advance.
Daniel

Pat Turboman Allen
08-21-2002, 09:45 PM
is it the baby six that you have?? and you want to use a t25?? well, hope you are not looking for big hp numbers, the t-25 is way small.
Sure you will need more fuel, but just changing the injectors is not the only thing to do. Recalibration of the fuel distributor is also needed.
The rising rate will do a good job, but try to set your goal to 6-8 psi.
Compresion ratio, timing curve, turbo size and fuel availability is all your limiting factors !!!
Heat is also a problem. Do you plan to put in an intercooler?? above 8 psi, with high comp. ratio, an intercocoo is a plus.

Daniel \\\
08-22-2002, 03:17 PM
What do you meen recalibration? Yes I'm gonna use an intercooler.

Paul
08-22-2002, 04:40 PM
T25 is far too small for that engine. Not aware of any Rising rate regulators for K-jet, you can probably get away with a small amount of boost ~8-9 psi by modifiying the warm-up regulator(control pressure regulator) with one from say an audi 5000s that allows for boost fuel enrichment. The k-jet system has plenty of capacity, the stock fuel pump will most likely be your first limiter.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index