Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : E32 Speaker sizes

New E32 owner
08-29-2002, 10:44 PM
I cant seem to get a straight answer from any of the online stereo shops. What are the sizes of the factory speakers? and is there an amp somewhere hiding in the car? Do the small triangles actually contain speakers, if so, are they a component set-up linked to the front kick panel or just a seperate.

Thanks for any and all help.

1990 735i
bone stock

sktn77a
08-30-2002, 08:28 AM
I believe the E32 had a similar stereo system to the E34. The triangles in the doors have tweeters. I think it had front midrange like the E34 and a woofer in the front kick panel. I'm less sure about the rears but I suspect they were 2 way components like the E34. If so, this is a difficult system to mess with because the amplifier (probably in the trunk) has 10 output channels (one, custom equalized, for each speaker). Upgrade considerations are similar to the E39 except the head unit is standard DIN size. The wiring connectors are non-standard, however.

The head unit in these cars is quite good so most people either just add a subwoofer or change the amp and speaker.

Have you tried the E32 board?

<br>Keith
2001 530i 5sp

irabmwmechanic
08-30-2002, 08:52 PM
but you will see the rest of my emigma on the e32 board posted as "alwayswannedtafixaforrentransmission"

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index