Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

they call me dave
09-27-1998, 03:07 PM
in my 73 '02,my key wont turn anymore...It looks like im going to need a whole new assembly;i think it called a tumbler.I looked and i dont know how to disassemble this from the steering column.If anyones had this problem,let me know and tell me where i can get the bes deal possible on a new one.thanks,dave<br>73'02-"the green machine"

Ed
09-27-1998, 04:07 PM
I haven't had the problem before, but I have removed the unit from the steering column. Remove the dash pieces below your column so the piece around the unit(where you put the key) is loose. It may take some "squishing" of the piece unless you take off more of the dash to provide access. I wouldn't reccomend this in cold weather as it could crack the piece-and anyone who has a better method, please inform. Remove the piece-there is a small slothead screw securing the unit to the column(this removes only the chrome plated cylinder where you stick the key-if you need more removed I haven't done it, but it should be self evident from there). Hope it helps,<br>Ed<p><i>: in my 73 '02,my key wont turn anymore...It looks like im going to need a whole new assembly;i think it called a tumbler.I looked and i dont know how to disassemble this from the steering column.If anyones had this problem,let me know and tell me where i can get the bes deal possible on a new one.thanks,dave<br>: 73'02-"the green machine"<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index