Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index


10-07-2002, 09:01 PM
liter engines.
Does anyone know where I can get a supercharger for a 2002 that will work with Weber 45 DCOE's carbs or know one that will work with a little fabrication.
'76 '02

10-08-2002, 05:00 AM
a G60 g-laden supercharger from a VW Corrado.


10-08-2002, 02:50 PM
Neither will work very well with that high of a compression ratio on street gas

10-10-2002, 02:09 PM
I know but super chargers are more reliable from what I have heard, plus I don't want to have to meake a new header.\
'76 '02

10-18-2002, 10:42 AM
run less boost with Fuel injection with a know sensor and boost retard ignition and it should work. or you can use the carbs with a turbo or supercharger. With a super charger put them upstream of the supercharger. with a turbo you can either build a pressure box around them, rejet them and run a rising rate fuel distributor and water injection and an intercooler. Mercedes AMG supercharged cars run 9:1 comp and up, The good thing about alot of compression is that the lag from a turbo will be minimal because the engine will be making 150hp or more before the boost comes on so acceleration should be very good. What cam do you have? if it is a stock cam I would say turbo it because you don't want valve overlap because the intake charge will be blown through the engine. a superhcarger on the other hand runs off of the crankshaft so the engine has to deal with the parasidic loss of having to drive the supercharger before it comes up to the optimal opperating speed. You can run a blow off valve on the Supercharger to regulate boost, vent the blow off into a catch can don't vent it into your engine compartment(Boom!). I would use whatever you can find cheaper. You could get a supercharger froma G60 vw or a Supercoupe T-bird or an Eaton off of many other applications. I think that it would be much easier to find a cheap turbo but exhaust plumbing can be a difficulty. one of the easier ways is to take a 2002 tii exhaust manfold and flip it so that the outlet is in the front right hand corner of the engine compartment. weld an adapter from the outlet to the turbo flange. look at
<a href="http://www.">http://www.</a>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index