Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Rick
11-21-2002, 04:30 PM
When I apply the brakes lightly the brakes stick and for a moment though the spring returns the peddle,the master cylinder has not returned. After a few seconds the brakes release. If I stop and mash the brakes there is no stick.
Any suggestiions as to where I should start to look to solve this problem would be appreciatied. The car is a 1971 series 2 OTS. Thanks

Steve Clark
01-06-2003, 05:56 PM
A thought...Are you running synthetic brake fluid? I recently bought a '63 with synthetic fluid in both clutch and brakes and found that the clutch would hang up for a while after the clutch was released. After talking to a few experts I tried switching the clutch fluid back to regular brake fluid and it seems to have helped. I speculate that the synthtic fluid did not have the same lubricating qualities and caused the clutch to take a while to release. I know this sounds wierd given the strength of the springs in a clutch but it does seem better now.

I wonder if you are experiencing a similar problem but in the brakes instead?

steve
10-15-2003, 03:46 PM
I know your question is an old one, but I have that exact same problem on my '68. Did you ever find out what it was? I have suspected ther vacuum assist was hanging up somehow. Everything else has either been changed or checked. I'd appreciate any info on solving this annoying problem/

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index