Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Metallic noise

James
12-04-2002, 12:41 PM
In case anyone was wondering about my shudder at speed, I replaced the factory Pirellis with Michelin Pilot Sports....completely took care of the problem, Phil at Eurotek was right on the money there. Here's a question the tire guy recommended 40psi for better wear?

Now I have another annoyance, after my XJR has run for a while, fully warmed up I've noticed it makes a higher pitched metallic noise above 10mph or so, it is not the brakes (noise continues whether the brak3es are applied or not) and the tires were just repaced so I know it's not something loose in one of the wheels, it's not the engine,,,,,,,,,,could it be the trans? I've had the dealer check everything and they claim good to go, but I still hear it especially when I am driving in a crowded street and can hear the sound of it with the windows down bouncing off the other cars,

John D
12-04-2002, 02:39 PM
Had something like this, it was a high pithced tinny noise.

turned out to be a baffle plate had come loose in the centre section of the exshaust sytem, a spot weld had broken. Just had to replace it.

KB Scotland
12-06-2002, 06:26 AM
Might sound silly but had a high pitched whine for a while and discovered it was the air vent in the cockpit slightly open.

Air was whistling though.

Took me ages to realise.

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index