Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

John B 82 633--85 735
01-03-2003, 03:52 PM
on board computer not functioning-- totally unfamilliar with this piece of electronic faldercarb.

2. oil light on- same thing happened with my 6- engine is quiet
and you can see the oil flow thru the fill cap hole.
does the oil light circut run thre the engine reset?
the service check light is on but it's raining and I dont want to work outside in the rain.

3. trunk leaks seal?- good news tool kit is mostly complete down to the BMW handi wipe in the sealed package.

thanks in advance.
john

mark 85 745
01-03-2003, 06:02 PM
computer may just be burnt out lights. Shine a light into the display and see if you can see the clock. There are 2 bulbs on a circuit car that can be R&R'd to get your display back. Check the archives for the how-to, p/ns, etc.
oil light may come on at idle. My 535 used to do this. If it doesn't go away with a little higher RPM I'd do a little more checking after the rain and before driving it.
Trunk seals do leak, more likely are the tail lights. They have a pretty cheesy gasket that just doesn't cut it over time, and often doesn't get reinstalled correctly. Both are available as replacements.

vezero
01-03-2003, 09:19 PM

vezero
01-03-2003, 11:36 PM

BillB
01-06-2003, 07:40 AM
under the speaker cover (drivers foot well). It's the big unit up high, 2 screws after u remove the cables they come off ezly but carefully.
The comp has a 2 amp 250v fuse under the aluminum cover (pry it off)
Radio Shack has them 4/ $150 or so.
Good Luck
BillB

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index