Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Xenon conversion for 95 740iL

Bennett
02-27-2003, 02:51 PM
I have a 95 740iL that has halogen lights and I would like to convert to xenon. I know this will be rather expensive but the question I have is how difficult will this job be? Is it plug and play? Will it require modifications? I live about 30 mins. from the BMW factory in SC and I see alot of xenons as well as angel eyes. Is this conversion possible for me? Should I go OEM or some aftermarket brand.

TIA,

Bennett

MMMarc
02-28-2003, 12:40 AM
Get the entire BMW headlight assemblies that include the HID bulb and ballasts. This way you will benefit from the correct headlight optics which means the factory beam pattern. Additionally, there's no messing with retrofitted bulbs and ballasts.

In 1995, I think the 750iL had Xenons. If you can locate a used set in good condition, that would be your best scenario!

Ebay has a set every once in a while, but you could also try BMW salvage yards or body shops.

02-28-2003, 03:16 PM
I agree, Bennett, Best results come from OEM envirements. Give me a buzz maybe we can find you a set.

Thanks,
Jeff
866-571-5538

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index