Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

AgouraM5
03-02-2003, 02:47 PM
TIA, what do you experts use to remove residue and then keep the black vinyl body strip really black... and I guess shiny???
this is the body strip on a 2000 540iA, thanks guys, great personal experience info on the board!

steve
03-02-2003, 03:59 PM
Peanut butter will remove the wax residue (wipe on, let it sit, wipe off). You can also try using those white drafting erasers (available at most office supply stores), or some 3M General Adhesive Remover...

For treating it, Forever Black works well (but it's a dye, so be careful with it), or any high quality tire dressing. Most tire dressings will run when wet, so that's another thing to consider when detailing the trim.

Unfortunately, no one has made "the perfect" dressing trim as of yet.<br>
-Steve

<a href = "http://www.gurureports.org" target = "_blank"><font face = "verdan"a color = "red" size = "2"><b>GURU REPORTS:</b></font></a> <i>Unbiased, imparital, practical testing and evaluation of car care products.</i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index