Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

hscampbell
03-18-2003, 10:46 PM
Recently purchased a 2000 Z3 coupe. Love it! Have figured out most of the bits and bobs (including how to make the 6-CD changer play random play with an in-deck tape deck -- apparently the instructions never made it into the manual!)

But I can't figure out the rear wiper valve -- where the hell is it?

I've got the rear wiper intermittent on/off thing figured out -- but can't seem to get any fluid spraying on the rear window. Went to check out the problem only to discover I can't even figure out where the darned valve is back there. What am I doing wrong?

Sorry for the goofy question, feel like an idiot. But I've only been an owner for4 days. Hope someone can help!

JSV 368s #80
03-18-2003, 10:50 PM
reservoir is, though. Does it just feed off the one for the front wipers?

cheers, John

Adam Hicks
03-18-2003, 11:25 PM
You'll be able to trace the line into the bottom of the resevoir. It comes out with a single big thumb 'screw.' I ended up capping mine here due to the infamous rear wiper leak.

If you have fluid in the resevoir, you should be getting fluid to the rear. Note that if you didn't buy the car new, someone might have capped or crimped it to prevent the leak.

Adam

hscampbell
03-19-2003, 10:25 PM
yea, after posting this I found the tiny little hole on the wiper arm itself that I assume is the spray valve -- and after reading the stuff here, I am guessing that it might be capped, since the front ones work fine, but no fluid ends up on the rear window.

Can't quite decide which is worse -- no fluid (and it gets dusty where I drive, so it'd be useful) or the forementioned and forewarned dribble.

thanks for your help!

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index