Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Saw the R version of the X350 at the Dallas show

alan
03-31-2003, 11:21 AM
I got a chance to see the R version of the X350 at the Dallas auto show this past weekend--gorgeous. It was locked, so there was not an opportunity to see how the interior room compared to the current XJ8/XJR, but the car had a noticably higher beltline and roofline than the current model. Jaguar did a very good job, however, with keeping the car looking svelte and sexy. It retains appropriate Jaguar curves in all the right places and at first glance doesn't appear to be the taller car that it is.

One item of interest--the rear armrest had a very interesting console in it, with what appeared to be an integrated phone and small video screen. If anyone has a chance to post a picture of this or get more information on it, please let us know about it.<br>
--Alan

EurotekTuning
04-01-2003, 01:13 PM
I just saw the XJ it looked aweful compared to my 2001

I didnt see the R but In the current issue of Jaguar Monthly they have an Ice Blue XJR with 20 inch wheels this looks nice, but the car is much larger in person, dont think I will get one.

The XJ8 I saw had horrible wheels it was boring Silver and the grill looked bad

I must say the interior is sweet and th audio system greatly improved

Another complaint is the chrome on the car is plastic unlike the stainless we have now, cheap looking and the B pillars dont have chrome now.

The doors also make a nasty click sound when closed shut, sounds really cheap, cant explain why.

I will however be test driving one in a few weeks, lets see what this car can do.

Rick
06-06-2003, 01:03 AM

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index