Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : New Lotus Dealer in Central Texas

HalcYoN
03-04-2002, 08:56 PM
Autostrada in Austin has been added to the certified Lotus dealer list. Subsequently, I got to be number one on the Elise waiting list. The list is two deep so the next available is number three...

Anyone in Texas interested in hopping on the bandwagon should contact Steve at Autostrada.

HalcYoN
03-04-2002, 10:00 PM
The email link is a bit misleading. It is my name there, but it is Steve-from-Autostrada's address.

You can find them at <a href="http://www.autostradausa.com/" target="_blank"><u>Autostradausa.com</u></a>

Ask for/email Steve...

Alan
03-05-2002, 11:34 AM
either Barrett in San Antonio (whom I heard very recently stopped selling Lotus) or Overseas in Dallas.

--Alan

ckriger
03-05-2002, 12:53 PM
Hey HalcYoN,

I'm in Austin and this is just the news I've been "dreading".

I've been quite content with my M-Coupe, MR2-SC, and a pair of Blue 1/18 Chrono Elises for years now, but it's starting to look like the dream of owning a real Elise is getting awfully close now...

Hmmmm, need more garage space. Anyway, thanks for posting the info.

BTW, I don't know if you're interested in autocross, but Spokes is having their first event at a new site this Saturday -- it's at "Tech Ridge", the former Executive Airport, off I-35 near Howard Lane. I've kinda gotten out of autox for a while, but with a site close in to town again finally, and a set of new Sumitomos on my 'coupe, I'm looking forward to this one. Maybe see you there.

( http://www.spokes.org )

Cheers,
Carey

HalcYoN
03-05-2002, 02:43 PM
I used to autocross way back, infact it was when I first got my license. Probably, why I haven't ever bent a car.

I have been considering taking my coupe to a Spokes event, how is the turn-out nowadays?

I am still selling the wife on the idea of the Elise. She didn't warm up to the Coupe off the bat either so it is a matter of time. Now if the market would just go back up so I could have both, heh.

Brian

ckriger
03-05-2002, 06:46 PM
Brian,

You certainly did good to get into autox right away... I managed to "bend", as you say, a couple of 240z's before I discovered that much safer and smarter alternative.

As for turnout, I didn't make it out to even a single Spokes event last year (for the first time in almost fifteen), but I followed the results on the web, and they seem to still be regularily getting 100+ entrants, even with the events mostly well out of town.

My girlfriend Debbie did the Spokes beginner "school" and ran a couple of events, and she had fun, but didn't quite get hooked on competitive driving herself. She's become quite the racing fan though, which is great. She got me one Elise model for Christmas, and my Dad independently had the same idea. Worked out great though -- one for home, one for the office!

Maybe see you there Saturday.

- Carey

Ox///M
03-05-2002, 09:36 PM
how much and where to get? *grin*

ckriger
03-06-2002, 02:01 AM
Mine are both blue S1's from about three years ago. Made by Chrono, 1/18 scale, die-cast, with working doors, engine hood, steering, rubber tires, etc. Quite nice and only about $25 I think. I don't remember exactly where they came from, but both girlfriend and Dad ended up getting them from the same online store.

I just did a quick search and found this rather awesome looking one:
http://www.diecast18.com/lotusEliseGtStreet.htm

Wow! Good luck in your quest.

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index