Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Exige on ebay

chris smith
03-11-2002, 08:31 PM
HI All,
Just a heads up. A "street legal" Exige out of FL is on ebay right now, starting bid is 60K. Be a great car if it were street legal and factory original.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1811711325

Chris SMith

dp
03-11-2002, 09:17 PM
i've seen him list exiges and elises on e-bay every now and then. someone in texas bought a standard elise from him and is now driving it on the road, fully registered - apparently no problems. i don't know how the guy does it, but he seems to have found a way?

M!
03-12-2002, 12:14 AM
and registered the cars without looking....

dp
03-12-2002, 02:29 PM

Robert M
03-12-2002, 07:37 PM

dp
03-12-2002, 08:47 PM
if he's found a LEGAL loophole it's one thing. but if he's knowingly profiting from illegal importation of vehicles, it's bound to catch up with him sooner or later - likely massive fines and possibly impounding/destruction of the cars.... i certainly hope the former is the case. if it's anything but legit, selling on e-bay doesn't seem like the smartest idea.

WH
03-16-2002, 12:38 PM
Yeh, right....

Notice that the car has no plates?

Street legal my *ss. Doesn't matter if he works for the DOT or EPA. Those cars were imported as off road only.

He probably is registering it as an older Lotus --gets titles from wrecking yards or worse launders them through Georgia or some other state that only needs bill of sale for titling.

I sure wouldn't pay $60K for a car only to get it home, try to register it and have the feds come take it away!

I wonder if I emailed the DOT/EPA with the auction address if he'd loose the car? Sure would be fun to try!

WH

dp5
03-25-2002, 02:51 AM

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index