Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Difference between Exige and Motorsport Elise?

tp
05-29-2002, 02:50 PM
I saw these both listed on the Lotus USA website. What's the price and performance difference between these two models? Just a nutshell answer is fine. :)

dp5
05-29-2002, 03:34 PM
exige is a 'road' car with some race tweaks to it. motorsport is a race car, which differs from exige as follows:

- solid rear bulkhead
- no glass on engine cover
- full roll cage (vs braced rollbar)
- 205 hp (vs 190 of exige)
- ultra close ratio non-synchro gearbox (geared for 140 in 5th @8K rpm)
- race instrumentation with data logging, lap timer with beacon and uplink to laptop
- race brakes
- speedline mag wheels
- yoko slicks
- fully adjustable race suspension with remote reservoir shocks

there might be other

Bob
05-29-2002, 06:44 PM
1. The front splitter and the rear ADJUSTABLE wing provide much more downforce, leading to...
2. The front/rear springs are 700-750lbs, Exige is something like 250-275lbs.
3. The race brake upgrade features front/rear brake bias adjustment, which is the killer feature of all time (i.e. I use it a lot).

...the adjustable dampers in the Motorsport Elise are 2-way not 3-way [http://www.dynamicsuspensions.com/dampers.htm]...

tp
06-01-2002, 05:17 PM
I see that the Motorsport Elise is listed at 1544 lb unladen, what do the normal Elise and the Exige weigh? What's the top speed of the Exige?

Thanks for the info again guys!

dp5
06-01-2002, 08:22 PM
there have been a LOT of claimed weights around. supposedly the motorsport car is lighter, but i'd like to see where exactly they save the weight. it's got more bodywork, and some pieces like wheels and brakes are larger than the S190. and a full roll cage, too. i haven't weighed my car, but probably will if i go with a shock/spring upgrade for it (to set up corner weights). lotus claims in regards to both weight and power have been known to be optimistic in the past ;)

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index